Youth Volunteer Opportunities
Below are some youth-friendly volunteer opportunities for outreach and service hours from our community partners and the Cathedral's parochial entities.
Intown Collaborative Ministries
General volunteer opportunities at Intown Collaborative Ministries can take up to 9 volunteers on Tuesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 9:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. for help in their food pantry. The minimum age to volunteer during pantry hours is 11 with an adult. For youth 13-16 they ask for a 3:1 youth to adult ratio, and 16 and up can volunteer on their own. Younger groups can volunteer during "pack-out" events for hygiene kits or snack packs for homeless outreach.
Crossroads Community Ministries
Crossroads has the following youth opportunities to volunteer:
- Make sandwiches that are distributed daily to guests
- Build toiletry kits
- Work in the mailroom to sort/distribute mail
- Serve food in Clyde’s Kitchen
- Sort clothes for the clothing closet
To sign up as a volunteer, visit the Crossroads website.
LaAmistad is seeking volunteers who can offer elementary age homework help at one of our after school program locations. Volunteers work alongside a staff teacher and parent liaison. No Spanish or education experience required. Volunteers have the flexibility to choose a schedule that works best for them. We prefer that volunteers commit to 2 hours per week with an assigned student, each being a 1 hour session between the hours of 3:00pm and 6:00pm, Monday - Thursday. Available days and times vary by location.
All volunteers must:
- Be 14 years of age to volunteer alone. Students under 14 years old are eligible to volunteer with a parent or chaperone that volunteers with them in the classroom.
- Volunteers under the age of 18 must have a parent/guardian sign a volunteer wavier.
- Volunteers are required to complete a volunteer orientation. Click here to sign up for your volunteer orientation or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To review our LaAmistad Afterschool volunteer handbook please click here - Volunteer Afterschool Handbook
Short on time but still want to help out? Sign up to volunteer as a Mystery Reader at select LaAmistad Afterschool locations. Mystery Readers bring joy and interactive learning to LaAmistad Afterschool students via ZOOM. Visit the La Amistad website for more info.
Church of the Common Ground
Youth can put together hygiene kits and donate them to Church of the Common Ground for distribution. Contact Church of the Common Ground to schedule a drop off.
Cathedral Book Store
Our needs are working the sales floor and register. Youth must be 15 years old or older. There are 2 shifts Monday – Saturday from 10 a.m.–1 p.m or 1–4 p.m., and Sundays from 9 a.m.–1 p.m. Contact Cory Lites to sign up!
Cathedral Farmers Market
Youth volunteers can be greeters at handwashing stations, distribute signs, count inventory, or help with set up and breakdown. Shifts are typically 2 hours starting at 7 a.m. Youth ages 11+ can volunteer with a parent present and 16+ can volunteer on their own. Contact Nancy Qarmout to sign up!