The Cathedral Bookstore is looking for their next manager. Please read some of the responsibilities and see if this speaks to you!
- Developing and managing a team of paid staff as well as a large team of volunteers
- Managing compliance with applicable state and federal requirements regarding shipping, sales tax, etc. and ensuring the good standing of the store’s retail license
- Overseeing the procurement process of the store, working closely with the assistant manager and volunteer buyers, including working with established vendors, consignment artists and others
- Managing, monitoring, and reporting on the financial performance of the store in conjunction with the store accountant
- Growing the established website business as well as the physical store business
- Cultivating and maintaining the volunteer program who support core endeavors such as the sales floor, register, office assistance, offsite support, marketing, events, inventory tracking and website efforts
The Cathedral Bookstore Manager is a full-time position with work hours consisting of Tuesday through Saturday, 8:30am until 5:30pm, as well as some Sundays and extra hours for special events and holidays. This position works with the Director of Operations and Event Management in setting the overall goals, aesthetics and mission of The Cathedral Bookstore and upholds the virtues of The Cathedral of St. Philip – grace, excellence, and hospitality.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to Dorsey DeLong, Director of Operations and Event Management at email@example.com.