The Cathedral is hiring a new position, Program Coordinator for Communications and Outreach.
Direct Report: Director of Communications; Canon for Community & Education
Employment Classification: Full-time, Exempt, Regular 40 hour work week
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
The position will assist the Director of Communications in weekly, seasonal, annual, and ad hoc communications of the Cathedral parish, distributing content and information to particular ministries, the parish at large, and the broader community.
- Cathedral Times weekly newsletter
- Gathering of content in conjunction with communications director and ministry leaders
- Layout of printed format in InDesign according to Cathedral design standards
- Mailchimp emails
- Layout and distribution of weekly and ad hoc parish and ministry emails (eTimes, parish notices, pastoral notices, Old Fashioned Sunday School, outreach) according to Cathedral design standards
- Updating cathedralATL.org website content related to weekly content
- Social media
- Posting weekly content (sermons and articles) on Facebook
- Posting regularly to Instagram, including sermons, event news, and format-specific content
- Social media monitoring and analytics
- As needed:
- Content editing
- Event photography
- Graphic design
The position will assist the Canon for Community & Education in the daily and long-term outreach efforts of the Cathedral of St. Philip.
- Volunteer Support
- Support for existing ministry groups in coordinating volunteers (Homeless Requiem, Prison Ministry, Habitat, Church of Common Ground, Etc.)
- Assisting ministry groups in communicating volunteer needs to the parish and community at large
- Liaison with Community Partners
- Relationship-building with existing community partners (attend webinars, connect with staff, learn the ropes)
- Communication of the needs of these partners to assist the Cathedral in a timely and meaningful response
- Administrative support for grants
- Ricks Wheeler Grants for HIV/AIDS
- Higher Education Scholarship Fund
- Assistance with collecting applications, compiling data, and mailing out reward letters
Education and/or Experience
- Adobe Creative Cloud (especially InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Mailchimp or similar email marketing platform
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- TouchPoint or other CRM
- web design and basic coding
- Facebook and Instagram as business platforms
Knowledge of the Episcopal Church
The ideal candidate will possess both a passion for the mission of the Church and a keen aesthetic sense, with a strong attention to detail. They should be familiar with print and digital media, be excellent communicators, and show a willingness to learn new skills on the fly. Teamwork is a key concept they must thrive on, though they should also be a motivated self-starter. The candidate should also be able to manage multiple tasks concurrently, and to meet deadlines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Ability to move around the church often and to sit for long periods of time. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Must be available to work from 8:30 AM-5:30 PM and ability to work the occasional odd hours such as Sundays.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Ms. Ivory D. Richardson
The Cathedral of St. Philip
2744 Peachtree Road NW
Atlanta, GA 30305
Applications will only be considered if received on or before October 30, 2020.
Finalists will be required to supply references and undergo background checks.