The Cathedral is hiring a Program Coordinator for Children's Ministries.
Direct Report: Director for Children’s Ministries
Employment Classification: Part-time, Non-Exempt, 19 hours per week
The Program Coordinator Children’s Ministries will be responsible for overseeing the day to day program needs of the Cathedral children’s ministries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
Children's Ministries Duties
- Be a pastoral presence to children and their families
- Recruit and coordinate Godly Play teachers and other volunteers for children aged 2 through 5th Grade
- Keep Godly Play rooms stocked and in order
- Manage Godly Play registration and provide teachers with updated class lists each week
- Serve on a Godly Play teaching team on Sunday Mornings
- Coordinate monthly gatherings outside of Sunday morning for 4th and 5th grade children
- Coordinate special events including Book Bag Blessing, Halloween Costume Blessing, Advent Wreath Making, St. Nicholas, Shrove Tuesday, and Week of Wonder (VBS)
- Attend the annual parish retreat to Kanuga over Memorial Day Weekend and coordinate children’s activities
- Organize the baptism workshop (prepare materials, schedule rooms)
- Prepare baptism banners
- Send out reminder emails for baptism workshop
- Work with the baptism committee to exchange information necessary for baptismal certificates and record keeping
- Follow-up after baptismal Sunday to verify baptisms were recorded in the parish register and verify the Clergy have signed the register
- Submit room requests and add events to the Cathedral Calendar
- Write up work orders for church school classes and other events related to children
- Follow-up on work orders for department to make sure they are complete
- Coordinate volunteer requests
Must be able to supervise volunteers.
Education and/or Experience
Experience working with children, preferably in a religious setting. Knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Ability to move around the church often and to sit for long periods of time. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Must be able to work independently, able to multi-task, able to get along well with others. Must be available to work on Sunday mornings.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Ms. Ivory D. Richardson
The Cathedral of St. Philip
2744 Peachtree Road NW
Atlanta, GA 30305
Finalists will be required to supply references and undergo background checks.