The Cathedral of St. Philip - Atlanta, GA

Help Stock BCM’s Food Pantry in August

August is food drive month at the Cathedral as St. Anne’s Guild reaches out to you for donations of food and/or checks of $20 or more in support of Buckhead Christian Ministry (BCM). Please stop by our table in the Atrium any Sunday in August between 9:45 and 11:15 a.m. for a shopping list of food items or make your check payable to “Cathedral of St. Philip” with “BCM Food Drive” on the memo line.

BCM helps families of the working poor in our community who do not have adequate resources when faced with emergencies, illness, or layoffs. The semi-annual food drives undertaken by its founding churches like the Cathedral provide 60% of the food they need. From their budget, BCM then purchases the other 40%, spending approximately $9,000 each month on that food. They receive approximately 175 calls an hour for help and provide on average of 2,000 bags of groceries to more than 1,600 people each month.