The Cathedral of St. Philip - Atlanta, GA

February BCM Food Drive a Huge Success

St. Anne’s Guild extends a huge thank you to all in the Cathedral community who faithfully support our semi-annual Buckhead Christian Ministry (BCM) food drives each February and August! The monthly drives undertaken by BCM’s founding churches provide approximately 60% of the food they need. From their budget, BCM then purchases the remaining 40%, spending approximately $9,000 each month on food. The Cathedral’s collection this past February totaled 294 bags of food and a check for $6,626 to BCM. We are pleased to report an increase in food donations of almost 150 bags compared to last February! Great work!

In addition to the tremendous individual giving from our parishioners, St. Anne’s would like to recognize many special group efforts that helped us reach our goal: kudos to Maggie Paul, director of youth ministries, and her dedicated “Souper Bowl Challenge” team that produced 540 food donations and a total of $2634 in friendly competition with Trinity Church in Boston; to Sara Chapman and the children’s ministries team who again set up a “store” where the Cathedral children could shop for BCM and then proudly fill our Atrium bins to their brim; to Shelby Threlkel, Anne Parker, and the teachers and students of the Cathedral Preschool for their special activities to bring awareness to BCM, resulting in hundreds of cans of donated food; to our Cathedral Choir members for their special attention and food contributions; and to all those who helped raise awareness for the mission of BCM and our Cathedral’s part in its success.