Visiting the Cathedral During the Week
The Cathedral building now is open Monday through Saturday from 10:00 AM until 4:00 PM for private prayer and to allow volunteers to perform essential tasks for their respective ministries. The Cathedral Book Store is also open. Cathedral offices remain closed.
For the safety of others, as well as your own safety:
- Please enter and exit the Cathedral through the Atrium.
- Please sanitize your hands upon entering the building.
- We have installed touchless hand sanitizer dispensers.
- Please wear a mask until you exit the building.
- Your mask protects others; their masks protect you.
- We will provide a mask if you do not have one.
- Please remain 6 or more feet away from others.
- Please do not bring personal food or drink into the building or serve or consume refreshments at meetings.
If you are in the building to pray: for your own safety, as well as the safety of other individuals who may pray in the same space after you, please continue to wear your mask and remain 6 or more feet away from others. Please sit in one of the designated pews or chairs, as these areas, as well as the altar rails and the handrails of the chancel steps, are disinfected regularly.
If you are in the building to perform an essential task: please continue to wear your mask and remain 6 or more feet away from others while working.
Restrooms are temporarily limited to single occupancy.
If you are attending a meeting at the Cathedral, you may discover that your meeting is in a new location. As a basic pattern, most meetings will have been moved to a larger space. Please consult the daily calendar sheet posted in the Atrium.
The main floor of the Lanier House is temporarily locked except for scheduled meetings. Please observe in that building the same precautions observed in the main building. A touchless hand sanitizer dispenser and a supply of masks are provided there, too. The Lanier House’s restrooms are single-occupancy. Its kitchen is temporarily closed.
The contents of this document comply with the directives of the Diocese of Atlanta dated 17 June 2020. This document will expire 31 July 2020.