Cathedral Higher Education Scholarship Application
The Cathedral Higher Education Scholarship Fund seeks to support the educational endeavors of members of the Cathedral parish of St. Philip, Cathedral staff, immediate family members of the Cathedral staff, and the larger Cathedral community. Scholarships are awarded each year depending on funds available and the number of applicants eligible.
Funding Priorities: We seek to provide financial support toward tuition, books, fees, or other expenses at an accredited school, college, university, or trade school, undergraduate or graduate studies. Awards will be paid directly to the designated academic institution.
Timeline: Scholarships are awarded annually on a need basis. The Cathedral Higher Education Scholarship Fund Committee reviews applications each spring. The deadline for the next round of scholarships is May 16, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
Criteria: Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply based on the following criteria:
- Financial need: Combined annual gross income of the applicant or the applicant’s parents should not exceed $75,000. Exceptions may be made at the discretion of the Cathedral Higher Education Fund Committee.
- Student character: Applicant should demonstrate integrity, responsibility and kindness.
- Academic performance: including, for example, grade point average and rigor of courses taken.
- Extracurricular activities: Including school, church, community activities and after school / summer employment.
Application: Applicants must submit their full application no later than May 16, 2020 at 5pm to be considered for a 2020 scholarship. Please note, the following attachments are required to complete the application:
- Completed application form
- Cover letter composed by the applicant including 250-500 word personal statement (Tell us who you are!)
- Current school transcript
- One letter of recommendation who can speak to the applicant’s character
Deadline for applications is May 16, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
(* Denotes Required Fields)